Contents for 2016 can be found here
Version 4.5.20 release on 06/01/2017
- enhancement: CDL netlisting combined into single dialog. Both flat and hierarchical netlisting will use symbol view NLPDeviceFormat for pin order list, if a symbol view exists.
- enhancement: Schematic Display Options dialog has 'Instance Names' field which allows setting instance names to be 'Preserve' or 'Force Spice compatible'. The former will keep instance names as-is during Check. The latter will change the prefix character to be spice-compatible, depending on the "type" property of the instance master.
- enhancement: Export CDL checks the last extracted date of all cellviews hierarchically from the current cellView down.
- enhancement: Export Verilog does not escape identifiers that don't need to be escaped.
- enhancement: Export Verilog can now netlist hierarchical schematics.
- bugfix: fixed an issue where creating a PCell instance with properties which do not exist as formal parameters of the python function for the PCell would cause an error.
- enhancement: geomEnclose() added optional 'flags' parameter for 'abut' flag. Else abutment of edges is considered a violation.
Version 4.5.21 release on 15/01/2017
- bugfix: CDL flattener now does not require a '/' character to delimit pins from subckt name in a subckt call.
- enhancement: Added cell name mapping to OASIS import/export.
Version 4.5.22 release on 22/01/2017
- bugfix: removed error if netlist had extra spaces at end of line in Generate Layout.
- bugfix: map devices command in netlist window now removes row that is selected, rather than last row.
- bugfix: map devices command in netlist window allows selection of row rather than individual items.
- bugfix: map devices command in netlist window did not update underlying data if rows were removed.
- bugfix: map devices command in netlist window did not map according to instances correctly.
- bugfix: querying PCell properties gave spurious warnings about not being able to find python module in PYTHONPATH entries.
Version 4.5.23 release on 27/01/2017
- enhancement: New Gemini option -P. If used together with -w (report property mismatches), it will match by device properties. If not used, the default will be used, i.e. matching by nets/devices but not considering properties, which can result in a netlist match, but property mismatch. Use of this option may slow matching.
- enhancement: New Gemini option -L. If used and the netlist has a top level .subckt, the pins are used as initial equivalence nodes. Mismatching name of number of nodes between the two netlists will be reported.
- enhancement: LEF reader now reports first 10 ports missing port shapes, then continues silently to avoid excessive errors if well taps are used.
- bugfix: Fixed some dialog layout issues on Mac.
Version 4.5.24 release on 05/02/2017
- bugfix: Fixed a crash when stretching a starting or ending segment of a MPP
- enhancement: Create/Move/Stretch of shapes can use layer colour/fill rather than outline yellow.
- enhancement: Online DRC spacing check performed when creating / moving / stretching shapes. Requires layer minSpace attribute set in technology file.
Version 4.5.25 release on 12/02/2017
- bugfix: Fixed a crash when e.g. moving labels.
- bugfix: Fixed a bug in hierarchical netlist flattening (e.g. when running LVS). The flattener omitted the *.SCALE keyword from the netlist, so Gemini thinks all dimensions are in microns, and so a width of e.g. 1u is read as 1e-12 - and hence showed as zero in the property comparison report.
- enhancement: Various DRC check enhancements
- enhancement: Saving a cell now checks if the existing library version is less than the current library version, if so updates the existing library. This gets round a potential problem if users save cells using a newer version of Glade to a library created with an older version, without saving the whole lib.
- bugfix: fixed a bug in online DRC with paths in OpenGL mode where the halo was shown incorrectly.
- bugfix: fixed a bug in create MPP which could cause vertices to be reordered in OpenGL mode.
- enhancement: Schematic Create Pin dialog remembers previous direction/use.
- bugfix: fixed a bug that could occasionally cause a crash when viewing DRC error markers.
Version 4.5.26 release on 19/02/2017
- bugfix: Fixed a potential crash when using the Verify->DRC->View Errors... error dialog and clicking on 'Next' or 'Prev'.
- enhancement: Verify->DRC->View Errors... now uses highlighting to indicate the current error marker (shown in purple). Use Selection Options 'Dim unhilited objects' to make the current violation clearer.
- enhancement: Import Cadence techfile no reads std. via definitions.
- bugfix: Fixed a bug descending hierarchy.
- bugfix: fixed a bug using hierarchy browser to descend/ascend hierarchy.
- fixed an occasional crash after a design window was closed, e.g. when deleting a cell/cellView in the library browser.
- fixed a crash is chop command given with a zero width or height chop rectangle.
- fixed an issue writing GDS where instances could have master cells in other libraries.
- fixed an issue in OpenGL mode where instances could not be moved using the move cmd.
- allow use of '\n' character sequence in NLP label expressions to cause newlines in displayed label text.
Version 4.5.27 release on 26/02/2017
- bugfix: Fix a potential crash for multiline schematic labels.
- bugfix: Fix an issue where property display flag was getting initialised to false when creating instances.
- bugfix: Fixed some issues drawing text in schematics.
- bugfix: Fixed a crash when undoing a delete of certain objects.
- enhancement: improved symbol editor Check cmd. Now removes nets and pins which have no shape.
- bugfix: Shorted resistors would give an error. Now they are preserved on extraction.
- bugfix: Windows pathnames given in e.g. DRC or LPE dialog could give file not found errors if they contained escaped characters e.g. user\test would see the \t as a tab character.
Version 4.5.28 release on 06/03/2017
- enhancement: Added schematic check options dialog.
- bugfix: Floorplan->Place updated so can read DEF 5.8
- bugfix: Fixed a schematic check bug that could result in floating pins.
- bugfix: Fixed a crash when Next violation clicked on in view DRC markers if no violations remaining.
- enhancement: Extract commands e.g. extractMOS() now search the list of open libraries for the extraction pcell, rather than just the current cellView's library.
Version 4.5.29 release on 13/03/2017
- bugfix: fixed a bug that could cause occasional missing DRC violations.
- bugfix: view marker errors zooms to bbox of highlighted shape, rather than a bbox including (0,0)
- enhancement: made schematic check options dialog a menu item; options are saved and maintained during a session.
- bugfix: check schematic for floating pins caused pin shapes to move if error.
Version 4.5.30 release on 24/03/2017
- bugfix: fixed a display issue with schematics displaying NLP labels with linefeed (\n) characters.
- enhancement: spaces can be entered in NLP expressions using '\s'
- enhancement: schematic check for shorted output pins.
- enhancement: Gemini now reduces series RLC and parallel RLC. Devices must be of the same model type. Values are summed (series RL, parallel C) or reciprocals added (parallel RL, series C). The option -a controls series reduction, -b controls parallel reduction.
- enhancement: Export CDL loads/saves options for global nets, switchList and stopList to settings file.
- enhancement: LVS dialog now saves option state during session.
- enhancement: global nets (ones ending with '!') handled in the export CDL and LVS dialogs.
- bugfix: fixed a bug in CDL flattener where the *.SCALE was always written as MICRON, which could cause LVS to give property errors.
- enhancement: LVS now writes a <cellName>.lvs report file to the working directory containing the gemini output.
- enhancement: LVS now will take a schematic view instead of a netlist file if required. The schematic is automatically netlisted and flattened prior to running Gemini.
Version 4.5.31 release on 30/03/2017
- enhancement: Deleting a wire in schematics deletes any solder dots at the ends of the wire.
- bugfix: edit bindkeys not working correctly.
- bugfix: fixed a bug smashing series resistors.
- enhancement: Added generate layout menu for schematic to layout, similar to netlist to layout.
- enhancement: Generate layout from schematic / netlist understands spice syntax for properties e.g. w=2u, r=10k.
- bugfix: fixed an occasional crash moving devices when DRD mode checking is on.
- bugfix: geomArea() reported incorrectly for shapes with holes.
- enhancement: geomSpace / geomSpace2 with width argument now also has a length value. Only parallel run lengths > length are checked. This avoids issues with perpendicular tracks.
- enhancement: Wire entry in schematics now supports additional snap options: HV (horizontal first), VH (Vertical first), horizontal, vertical.
Version 4.5.32 release on 07/04/2017
- enhancement: schematic device instances can be grouped for layout generation. Selected devices are assigned to a named group, groups can be added to, removed from or deleted. Grouped devices are placed together in a grid.
- enhancement: Layout generation now generates boundary shape with either square shaped based on device area and utilisation, or can have fixed W / H / W+H.
- enhancement: Layout generation has a pin editor allowing pin width/side/layer to be controlled.
- enhancement: Create Wire and Create Path commands have extra snapping modes. In addition to 90/45/any angle there is now Horizontal first then vertical, Vertical first then horizontal, Horizontal only and Vertical only.
- bugfix: Querying and changing an array of PCell instances collapsed the array into a single instance. Now the array is preserved correctly.
- bugfix: Deleting a property using the Query dialog didn't delete the actual property, only the entry in the dialog. Now it deletes the property and gives info on what was deleted.
- bugfix: Deleting a cellView in the library browser would close all open cells with the same name. Now only closes the matching cellView.
Version 4.5.33 release on 10/04/2017
- enhancement: When creating a new wire, if the start or end coincides with the start or end of an existing wire, the two wires will be merged.
- enhancement: Gemini LVS will match R/L/C devices by L/W if the devices do not have a value (resistance etc)
- enhancement: Schematic Layout Generation now has an 'Edit Group' command which allows you to set the pattern (a 2D grid) for placement of the devices in the group.
- enhancement: Schematic Layout Generation now snaps instance origins to the layout grid.
- bugfix: Add Marker command added a marker when Apply was clicked, but not when OK was clicked.
- bugfix: rounding error when inserting vertical edges that intercepted with edges non-manhattan edges could cause boolean engine errors.
Version 4.5.34 release on 21/04/2017
- bugfix: ruler snap angle change would cause existing rulers to change.
- enhancement: create group and rename group in schematics warns if an attempt is made to create or rename to an existing group name.
- bugfix: when reducing series RLC devices in LVS, a port could be removed if it had only 1 connection to a device.
- bugfix: adding a wire created a solder dot at start and finish.
- bugfix: Create Instance could go into infinite loop on placing an instance in a cellView.
Version 4.6.0 release on 07/05/2017
- Display canvas improvements to both raster and OpenGL canvas. No longer draws on a QWidget/QGLWidget. Always renders to offscreen framebuffer (in OpenGL mode uses GPU for blitting).
- bugfix: Fixed a bug in non-OpenGL mode where selection outlines in edit in place were incorrectly transformed.
- enhancement: Layer colours in LSW stripped of alpha component to make them more visible.
- enhancement: Library saves view type (library version 500).
- enhancement: thread based OpenGL and raster drawing.
- bugfix: enabling DRD mode could corrupt polygon shapes in hierarchical designs.
- bugfix: DRD did not flag errors to polygon shapes in instances that had certain orientations.
- bugfix: Finishing a wire in schematics on an existing wire end generated a superfluous solder dot.
- bugfix: Undo a wire that added a solder dot on creation did not undo any solder dot created.
- enhancement: In schematics, descending hierarchy without 'Always show option dialogs' did not show the dialog for the view to descend into, so always descended into a schematic view, creating one if it did not exist. Now the Descend Hierarchy dialog is always displayed.
- bugfix: message window made read-only.
- bugfix: fixed a sporadic crash in the OpenGL rendering thread.
Version 4.6.1 release on 12/05/2017
- bugfix: Specifying the GLADE_USE_OPENGL env var with any value (not just 'no') would turn off OpenGL mode.
- bugfix: In schematics, starting a new wire on an existing wire endpoint then hitting 'escape' to abort the command would delete the existing wire.
- bugfix: In schematics, entering a wire that ended on an existing wire could delete a wire point.
- bugfix: Zoom out by dragging top->bottom would zoom in since 4.6.0 changes.
- bugfix: hierarchical netlisting stopped on 1st valid stop list view, not the 1st valid view that also has a NLPDeviceFormat prop.
- bugfix: saving extracted views allowed. Beware: do not try and re-extract an extracted view!
- bugfix: various crashed when closing active windows due to library browser close cell / close cellView cmd.
- enhancement: NLP properties automatically added to generated pcap (parasitic cap) element for netlising.
- bugfix: m factor instances of pcells were not having m factor stripped before pcell generation.
- bugfix: NLP property evaluation looks up a level of the hierarchy from an instance if it does not find a property. So instead of expecting properties on pcell instances, it now looks at trhe correct location which is the pcell submaster.
- enhancement: filtering/merging parasitic caps allowed now in the hierarchical CDL netlister.
- bugfix: fixed a bug with cursor size on schematics & symbols withscaled display pixels.
- enhancement: extraction code rationalised to use units of metres for device W/L etc. NB: your pcells might need to be altered to be compatible!
- bugfix: fixed a potential crash if a window was closed and another window was clicked in.
- bugfix: Export CDL used *.SCALE METRES when units of metres was selected, this has been changed to *.SCALE METER to be more hspice compatible.
Version 4.6.2 release on 16/05/2017
- bugfix: crash in move circle/ellipse in symbol editor
- bugfix: world display coords maintained when switching tab views. Previously a problem on Linux builds.
Version 4.6.3 release on 19/05/2017
- bugfix: Crash if netlist window 'Layout->Create Layout' given with no open canvas. Now gives a warning.
- bugfix: Netlist window Layout->Create Layout did not get pin info from netlist.
- enhancement: schematic Create->Cellview from Cellview now places pins/wires/box on pin grid of 0.05um
- bugfix: OpenGL renderer was not showing hilight fill correctly.
- bugfix: drawing net connectivity omitted some instPins.
- enhancement: Layout->Create warns & prompts user if the target layout cellView already exists.
- enhancement: When dim selected is enabled, the selected shape is drawn bright, with other shapes drawn dim. Previously all shapes were drawn dim.
Version 4.6.4 release on 21/05/2017
- bugfix: fixed a crash that occasionally occurred when closing windows.
- enhancement: moving a shape with connectivity displays spanning tree flightline from 'centre' of shape to other pins/instPins.
- bugfix:snapping for Create Cellview from Cellview was using layout snap grid, not schematic snap grid.
- bugfix: Export GDS2 with All Cells unchecked did not output child cells with no instances, resulting in unbound instances.
- enhancement: Showing net connectivity of selected shapes can be turned on/off in the selection options dialog.
- enhancement: Showing instance pins while showing connectivity can be turned on/off in the selection options dialog.
- bugfix: shortcut keys on Mac worked for some keys and not others due to a bug in Qt.
Version 4.6.5 release on 05/06/2017
- enhancement: LEF/DEF parsers updated to version 5.8-p023.
- bugfix: fixed a possible crash in the library browser.
- enhancement: Cadence techfile parser supports 'valid' flag for layers. Layers with the 'valid' flag set false can be hidden in the LSW.
- enhancement: Added capability to read a stylesheet file to define e.g. fonts for widgets etc. The file is called 'glade.qss' and must be in the same directory as the Glade binary.
- bugfix: fixed an array bounding box calculation when array is moved.
- bugfix: fixed a tree issue when iterating over a tree of 1 object.
- bugfix: fixed a spurious error which reported shorted output pins in schematic check.
Version 4.6.6 release on 25/06/2017
- bugfix: text alignment of device labels etc. improved for rotated devices.
- bugfix: fixed a crash when saving non-interconnect layers in saveInterconnect()
- bugfix: Fixed an issue with global names in python when e.g. executing a python script file.
- enhancement: Machine OS type/version now more informative.
- bugfix: Fixed a crash when deleting only item of a LPP in a schematic/symbol.
- enhancement: cellView::dbCreateMPP() can now take a python list of coordinates as well as intarray types.
- enhancement: cellView::dbCreateMPP() now has a version which takes as 1st parameter the MPP rule name i.e. cellView::dbCreateMPP(mppRuleName, pts, numpts)
- enhancement: Added support for paths with rounded ends.
Version 4.6.7 release on 07/07/2017
- bugfix: Several bugfixes to boolean engine to make it more robust with any angle geometries. Fixed a couple of issues that could lead to crashes or incorrect scanline ordering.
- bugfix: Import dialogs now show library as 'default' if no other library apart from 'basic' is open. This is to stop importing into 'basic' by accident.
- bugfix: File->Exit could cause Glade to hang with an empty crash dialog displayed.
- bugfix: Use locale info for date/time rather than UTC. Fixes a bug where schematic extraction date could be incorrect compared to cell modification date.
- bugfix: fixed some issues with text size and dialogs when running on e.g. a linux VM.
- bugfix: sometimes setting active layer in LSW could swap layer order.
- bugfix: Floorplan->Create Rows... did not take into account any changes to the prBoundary shape due to manual edits.
Version 4.6.8 release on 21/07/2017
- bugfix: Exporting GDS2 with a cell that has subcells in different libraries did not write the subcells.
-bugfix: Minor bugfix where a library with only 1 cell would not set Export GDS2 viewnames field if cellView other than layout.
- bugfix: Instance/via names not displayed during create inst/via in OpenGL mode.
- bugfix: label creation/moving in OpenGL mode had some graphics issues.
- bugfix: stipple patterns were being flipped about x-axis in OpenGL mode.
- enhancement: Create Via cmd remembers previous via name.
- bugfix: geomArea() could give errors because of FP inaccuracy.
Version 4.6.9 release on 28/07/2017
- bugfix: Window->Close with MDI style windows did not close current window.
- enhancement: Separate label scale for schematics/symbols and layout.
- bugfix: Import LEF then save library could cause subsequent open lib to be very slow.
- bugfix: Importing a techfile with system layers defined would often cause an issue if the library was saved and reloaded; the symptoms were that the library dbu was invalid.
- bugfix: Fixed a potential crash if a second command was started in infix mode while a current command was incomplete.
- enhancement: Schematic group editor displays group instances in colour, devices can have local orientation set (flip in X or Y) and group orientation set; dummy devices can be added/deleted.
Version 4.6.10 release on 04/08/2017
- bugfix: Rulers had coordinate values in ticks with 1 decimal place; increased to 2 decimal places for rulers shorter than 100dbu.
- bugfix: Fixed an issue with DRC checks that could miss checking 1 edge in certain circumstances.
- enhancement: Verify->Check... now uses full two layer checking for e.g. spacing. Techfile MINSPACING allows two layer spacing rules to be defined. Multiple two layer rules can be defined.
- enhancement: DRD realtime checking now can check two layer spacing rules defined in the techfile
- enhancement: DRD realtime checking now can check width rules defined in the techfile
- enhancement: DRD realtime checking now can check enclosure rules defined in the techfile
- enhancement: DRD realtime checking now can check extension rules defined in the techfile
- bugfix: fixed some issues stretching diagonal lines
Version 4.6.11 release on 14/08/2017
- bugfix: Setting a path to ROUND extension during entry set the extents to 0, rather than half the width, causing incorrect rendering.
- bugfix: fixed a potential crash in finding hierarchical segments/vertices if a cellView in the hierarchy was empty.
- bugfix: fixed an issue that caused dynamic highlight to flicker.
- bugfix: fixed a crash when generating layout with added dummies in schematic groups
- bugfix: set instance colouring for first pass in schematic group editor
Copyright © Peardrop Design 2017.